What To Expect
What can you expect next?
- You can expect to pay zero fees until we actually settle a debt. You don’t pay unless we deliver.
- You will share with us a list of your creditors, monthly budget, your hardship story and your goals.
- We will explain the process and determine what your monthly deposit will be.
- You will get a copy of the client agreement to sign and return.
- We will conduct our recorded quality assurance call for your protection.
- A local attorney will be assigned to you and will call you.
- Our customer service department will call you every two weeks to check in and inform you of any developments with your case.
- Customer service is available to take your calls from 9-6 EST Mon-Fri.
- As we reach settlements with your creditors, we will call you to review the deals and to get your permission to pay the creditors.
- You can view and control your FDIC insured dedicated account online and by phone at any time.
- Finally, you can expect quality guidance from us as we help you reach your goals.
Your Responsibilities – Your participation is necessary
The Debt Negotiation process runs more smoothly when you are involved. Communication is important.
- Always let us know if you experience any sudden changes in income, good or bad.
- Be sure to forward collection letters and statements to us at least once per month.
- Tell us if you feel you are being harassed by a debt collector.
- Promptly return our calls and respond to our emails to you. We may be trying to reach you regarding a time sensitive matter such as discussing a possible resolution to one of your debts.
- Always try to add extra money to your Savings Account. Adding additional funds above your regularly scheduled monthly payment can help to speed up the program by helping to resolve debt more quickly. You can add extra funds as often as you wish.
- Be sure to set and live by a responsible and realistic monthly budget. Cutting out waste can allow you to apply more funds toward your Savings Account.
- Be positive and pat yourself on the back! You’ve made a wise decision to take control of your financial life. By sticking to your goals and allowing CFLN to assist you, it will only be a matter of time before you achieve your goal of freedom from debt.